Wednesday, September 8, 2010

A Second Chance For Ronin


When I first saw Ronin, he was trying to eat bread on Main Street in front of the post office. Ronin was a startling sight as he was severely dehydrated and starving and suffering from a respiratory infection. I was on my bike at the time I randomly saw him so I called a fellow rescuer to come by with a humane trap to help get this poor guy off the street. Our rescue attempt was unsuccessful. Since I didn't know where this cat came from, I posted a "Have you seen me?" plea for help on the CCC Facebook page to which a noble citizen responded. That very same day, Ronin was rescued, and just in time as his condition has deteriorated significantly in just a couple of days. After weeks of fluids and special medications and treatments, Ronin is stable and recovering beautifully. I suspect Ronin was once a pet cat who was discarded and just couldn't survive on his own. While Ronin's health grows strong with each new day, he has been diagnosed with FIV. Ronin is positive and proud and looking for a home where he is either the sole cat or companion to another FIV+ cat. Can you give Ronin the second chance he deserves? Ronin can be hand delivered to any good home within two hours of Beacon, NY. Please contact CCC if you are interested in meeting Ronin and learning more about his remarkable survival at info@communitycatcoalition.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment